Thursday 5 May 2011

Religion or Cult?

Throughout this blog we have looked at what devil worship is and what it entails and what others have to say about it. I shall conclude this blog and leave you now with my thoughts on devil worship. 

Throughout my research I have tried to keep an open mind and be objective as possible when writing about what I found out. But now I would like to give my personal opinion on the matter. What should we categorise devil worship under? Is it really a religion or a cult? I think those who are of the theistic devil worshipers sect actually believe that they are following the religion of satan, though I don’t think satan ever asked them to. Where are they getting all this? What do they have to base their beliefs on? I know the same could be said about other faiths in the world, but they do have something concrete in their beliefs in which the being they are worshipping has in some form or another asked them to follow them.  Where do devil worshippers get the idea of worshiping the devil from? In all of my research I have not come across once that satan has asked people to follow him.

Moreover, Anton LeVay’s take on it is totally something made up, that people have hyped up too much. It is a cult which nicks all its ideas off the major religious traditions already out there. Well then again what can you expect from those who have set up a cult based around the ideas of satan, which are all about stealing, lying and hypocrisy. I feel they are not only making a mockery out of major faiths but of themselves too. To think they are actually taking all this seriously, it feels like it is something taken out of an urban cult fantasy movie. It is so simple to join, all you have to do is fill out a form online, to me it seems like it is just a way of making easy money (I do not mean to offend any devil worshiper who takes all this seriously it is just my personal opinion on the matter.) 

2 comments:

  1. At last finally some realism ;-) and i hope that i have influenced your opinions about satanism. To me it is just an excuse for causing havoc, committing crimes and stating that it is in the name of Satan. It seems that in general the media likes to blame influences rather than the person committing the crime what happened to taking responsibility for your actions i mean we've started to blame computer games, films, even music. I believe if there is one thing god has provided man with it is the ability to distinguish between right and wrong, good and evil.

    Your blogs have enhanced my understanding on this subject and also reminded me why i never look into this farce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all your comments Amera. i appreciated your wonderful insight and opinions on the topic of Devil worship, although it seems you were a bit judgemental to begin with. I know they say you should'nt judge the book by its cover, but i think you may have judged it right this time. :)

    ReplyDelete